I am logged onto the system as system administrator and should have privilege  to write to the file.  I have tried cd .. several times and no matter what I still get permission denied.  Please see attached terminal output:

Thanks,

Joe

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Wm Mussatto" <mussa...@csz.com>
Subject: Re: Fwd: mysql_tzinfo_to_sql
Date: April 5, 2013 5:09:15 PM EDT

On Fri, April 5, 2013 13:19, Joe Kosinski wrote:
I also tried mysql_tzinfo_to_sql /usr/share/zoneinfo > sqlLines with the
following Terminal output:

-bash: sqlLines: Permission denied

Joe
Well at lease we are on familiar territory now.  Whatever directory you
are in requires that the user you are have permission to write to it.  Try
doing a "cd" first. That should get you back to the user's home directory
where I would hope that user could create files.
Begin forwarded message: