Hello Manuel,

Thank you for your reply. Could I do the following?:

1) Enable log-bin on master2 (slave that will be converted to a master)
2) Enable log-slave-updates on master2
3) Execute CHANGE MASTER to on another existing slave so that it gets
it's updates from master2 instead of master1.

Thanks for the help thus far.