I want to start the mysql from command prompt using     "NET START MYSQL"BUT
the server not started. It display an error message.
C:\Users\PC> NET START MySQLSystem error 5 has occurred.
Access is denied.
could you please help me, how to start the Mysql service FROM command prompt?
SIVASUTHAN- Consultant Trainer
<<<<<<<<
Well, ordinarily the MySQL service is started by Windows along with all the
rest: After installing MySQL under Windows one runs "MySQL Instance
Configuration Wizard"--the only MySQL program on my system that runs from
"Start". (If you cannot do this on the machine where "mysqld.exe" is to run I
do not know what to say.)

If the service, with program "mysqld.exe", quits, to start it one enters
"start mysqld -b..." from the command line, with the directory where "my.ini"
is kept entered for "...". Of course, if "mysqld.exe" started and quit, as
Reindl Harald suggested study the logs and find out why. It is not started
through the client, "mysql.exe".