In query syntax, TRUE is the same as 1; FALSE is the same as 0.

A minor syntax note:  ENUM('FALSE', 'TRUE') would require quotes when using it.

If you have multiple 'flags', consider the SET datatype.  (Yeah, it is somewhat
clumsy.)

If you have installed 5.6, simply try BOOL or BOOLEAN.  I suspect (without
proof) that it works the same as it has for more than a decade.