Hi all

      I hope all are well.

      I would like some assistance with something really strange.

We currently have a problem with a master slave setup running mysql 5.0.

This is one of our legacy servers which are in the planning to be upgraded, however in order for this to be done the replication needs to be up and running.

The problem we have currently however is that the binary logs on the master was moved to a seperate partition due to disc space restrictions.

A new binlog file called mysql-bin.1 was created and everything seemed to work fine.

However, the moment the file reached the file size of 100Mb, it does not go on to create a new binlog file called mysql-bin.2 and the replication fails stating that it is unable to read the binary log file.

Thus far we have done a flush logs and reset master , but the same problem occurs, where it creates mysql-bin.1 and the moment it reaches it's max size and suppose to create a new file, it stops and does not create the new one.

I really hope this makes sense, and that someone can perhaps point us in the correct direction.

        Any help would be appreciated.

Regards