VIEWs are not well optimized.  Avoid them.

The SlowLog will probably point to the worst query; we can help you improve it
(SHOW CREATE TABLE; SHOW TABLE STATUS; EXPLAIN)

Only minutes to go through 10 million records?  Sounds good.  It takes time to
shovel through that much stuff.

"Sending data" (etc) -- yeah these states are "useless information" in my book.
 They merely say "you have a slow query".  "Sorting results" probably implies a
GROUP BY or ORDER BY.  It _may_ be possible to avoid the sort (when we review
the naughty query).

What kind of things are you doing?  If Data Warehouse 'reports', consider
Summary Tables.  Non-trivial, but the 'minutes' will become 'seconds'.