Still more to this saga....

Comment 1:
... HAVING x;
The expression ( x ) is evaluated as a true/false value, based on whether x is
nonzero (true) or zero (false).  Your 'x' is  MIN(date_time) , which is very
likely to be nonzero, hence TRUE.  That is, the HAVING does nothing useful.

Comment 2:
This shows
1. a technique
2. how MariaDB optimizes it away, and
3. how you can get MariaDB to still do the "group by trick":
https://mariadb.com/kb/en/group-by-trick-has-been-optimized-away/
(I do not know of other MySQL variants that have any trouble with the trick.)