>From that error I would suspect you are trying to access to a database
where has not external access. And yeah, try by doing

$> mysql -u root -p <database> -h localhost -P 3306

change localhost by 127.0.0.1 in order to test if both cases work, and
see which of them (localhost/127.0.0.1) is defined in your web app as
you've been told in the mail before.

--

~ Happy install !

Erick.