On 05/20/2014 11:10 PM, Larry Martell wrote:

> 5.5 server:
>
> mysql> select distinct(pnlCurrency) from PnLDetail;
> +-------------+
> | pnlCurrency |
> +-------------+
> | USD         |
> | USd         |
> +-------------+
> 2 rows in set (0.00 sec)
>
> 5.0 server:
>
> mysql> select distinct(pnlCurrency) from PnLDetail;
> +-------------+
> | pnlCurrency |
> +-------------+
> | USD         |
> +-------------+
> 1 row in set (0.01 sec)
>
> Both have the same data in them.

ok, in this case the interesting piece of information
would be the "SHOW CREATE TABLE pnlCurrency;" output
from both.

As the collation_database variables differ between the
two servers ("utf8_bin" vs. "latin1_swedish_ci") I assume
that the same is the case for the actual tables, and that
would perfectly explain why one treads lower/upper case
as distinct while the other doesn't

--
Hartmut Holzgraefe, Principal Support Engineer (EMEA)
SkySQL - The MariaDB Company | http://www.skysql.com/