Hullo peoples,

I'm not usually an advocate of MySQL Proxy and the like, but I'm stuck with one
shitty application that utterly breaks whenever the database goes away
unexpectedly. I can't change the application itself, so I find myself looking
for options that allow the heathen contraption to not notice it's connection
has switched.

I am aware that connection state etc is likely to be lost anyway; I'll have to
see wether or not that's going to be an issue during testing.

I have two main questions:
* am I remembering right that MySQL Proxy provides transparent failover ?
* Are there other contenders in the same field, or alternate solutions ?

Ideally I'm looking for a hyper-stable tool that can run on it's own VM, so the
application doesn't notice when I switch backends. All the other applications
play nice, in that they simply reconnect and go on with business, so it doesn't
even *have* to take improbably loads.

Thank you for any and all suggestions and information,
Johan

--
What's tiny and yellow and very, very dangerous?
A canary with the root password.