We are planning to use RAID for backing-up MySQL-data.
Is it adviced that we put the OS on the RAID-array too, or just the data ?

Let's say your OS crashes (Linux...bad libraries for example, that are not resolvable,
for example :>), then you'll have to format all your disks including your data to
replace the OS.

Ont he other hand, if the disk that contains your OS crashes, you still have a lot of
downtime (well, depends on backup-disk, time it occurs, etc).

Anyone a good suggestion ? Or is it even possible to have your OS separate from the
data, buth both mirrored (eg. 2 different raid-arrays)

--
Met vriendelijke groet/With kind regards,

Cable & Wireless                http://www.widexs.nl
Wouter de Jong                  System-Administrator
Tel +31 23 5698070              Fax +31 23 5698099
Bijlmermeerstraat 62,           2131 HG  HOOFDDORP, NL