Keep in mind the version of innobase that I am using is compiled with a page
size of 64k.

I have a table of 10million rows (give or take, select count(*) from
tablename is slow for innobase tables so I dont do it often). Everyday I
need to run a query that selects rows that are marked for processing... this
involves something like:

select * from tablename WHERE col1=0 and col2=0 limit 100 ( there is an
index (col1,col2) on the table).

The problem is say for instance there 88 rows that should match that query,
and it is executed... mysql will peg the processor at 100% and go on pretty
much forever.. (ie its ran for many many hours and still hasnt stopped, I
killed it). However if I run the query with limit < number of rows that
match the where clause, it executes in no time at all (as expected)... but
once the limit is above the number of rows that match the where clause it
seems to loop forever (no disk activity, just eats away at the cpu).

I tried creating a small test case to recreate this but I was not able to
succeed. I guess this is more of a message for Heikki but maybe someone else
will benifit from reading this.

Thanks,
ryan