> Ugh--I missed the discussion shift from the DATEs to the VARCHAR labels ...
> and now I wholeheartedly agree with you.
>
> As for the DATEs, I yet suspect that for performance maybe TIMESTAMP is
> slightly better than DATE.

Well what I'm interested in - and I was asking my original question
about - is SIGNIFICANT difference. If everything I can count for is
just "slight" improvements (by which I understand difference that can
be detected only by benchmarks, but not really during database
operation), then actually it doesn't make much sense, it seems.
--
Zbig