Hi,

On 10/12/2014 09:02, Johan De Meersman wrote:
----- Original Message -----
From: "Jigal van Hemert" <ji...@xs4all.nl>
Subject: Re: forum vs email [was: Re: table-for-column]

On typo3.org there used to be mailing lists only in a distant past.
Later on newsgroups were set up which communicate with the mailing lists
(newsgroups are the central source of messages).
Rather recently a forum was built on top of the newsgroup data (FUD
forum was used). Users on all three message sources can easily
communicate with eachother.
Hmm. That sounds interesting, I'll have a look. I don't suppose the software is
available under a foss license? :-p

Mailing lists [1] themselves use Mailman [2] (GPL), forum [3] is done with FUD forum [4] (FOSS GPL2), for integration between mailing lists and newsgroups, please contact the TYPO3 server admin team [5]. I'm sure they will tell you all you want to know about this setup.

[2] http://www.gnu.org/software/mailman/
[3] http://forum.typo3.org/
[4] http://cvs.prohost.org/index.php
[5] http://typo3.org/teams/server-team/

-- Met vriendelijke groet, Jigal van Hemert.