Am 12.08.2015 um 15:07 schrieb geetanjali mehra:
I am in the process of creating a new slave. On my master, there is a mix
of innodb and myisam tables. I want all my tables to be created in innodb
on slave.

I have planned to change the value of storage engine from innodb to myisam
in dump file itself using sed .

Running that dump file on the slave will create all my tables with innodb.

Is there any implications in doing so. Is this approach correct? Will I
face any problem in syncing the slave?

if you are asking for trouble do so
otherwise replication is designed to be identical

how do you imagine that working if there is only a single "alter table" on the master? how do you imagine row-based replication working in such a setup while statement-based replication is unsafe in many cases?

sorry, but that sounds just crazy