I'm setting up mysql for redhat 7.1 to be used with php and apache. However, in the
past I've had problems with the setup. I had a person come in and setup mysql on
redhat 6.0 ( 2 1/2 days later he had it running) the program has been riddle with
bugs. The questions are: ( note: mysql is not installed on my computer from redhat.
I've had problems with the default setting that come with redhat in the past and did
not install then).

1) what rpm files should I used and is there an order to them?

2) when installing rpm files can you or how can you tell the program where to install
the program?

3) the most common problems is that after installing mysql it will not allow you to
log in at all, yet, you can just type mysql and go right into mysql program.

4) other problems are when testing or running a test, mysql tell me my server is not
running i ran all test for the server and it is running.

Writting code for mysql is not a problems. It getting mysql up and running to work
with apache, php, java, and perl is the problems.

if any body can help me out please let me know.