Trond Eivind Glomsrød wrote:

> "wkd" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > 1.  (*) text/plain
> >
> > I'm setting up mysql for redhat 7.1 to be used with php and apache. However, in
>the past I've had problems with the setup. I had a person come in and setup mysql on
>redhat 6.0 ( 2 1/2 days later he had it running) the program has been riddle with
>bugs. The questions are: ( note: mysql is not installed on my computer from redhat.
>I've had problems with the default setting that come with redhat in the past and did
>not install then).
> >
> > 1) what rpm files should I used and is there an order to them?
>
> mysql and mysql-server (mysql-devel for program development) - just
> install the rpms ("rpm -Uvh mysql mysql-server") and start the service
> ("service mysqld start", which will initialize the database for the
> first time and start the server)
>
> > 2) when installing rpm files can you or how can you tell the program
> > where to install the program?
>
> This information is embedded in the package - there is a relocate
> switch, but for most packages this can create some unexpected results
>
> --
> Trond Eivind Glomsrød
> Red Hat, Inc.

Well the rpm that came with rh 7.1 dont use. Download it from the net. but download
the lower case one. I have a link on how to setup apache, mysql and php click on the
link below it should show you  how to do it.

http://www.php.net/manual/en/install.apache.php

good luck let me know if you need help with it. Once again i started the mysql book,
since i been putting it off. kind of like it.