Hi!

In .38 mysqld.exe was accidentally copied with __NT__
defined. Use mysqld-max.exe or download a new
3.23.39 from www.mysql.com.

Regards,

Heikki
http://www.innodb.com

Copied message:
hello,

I have installed mysql 3.23.38 binaries on win 98
first mysqld --version says "mysqld-max debug" and not mysqld without
additionnal database systems.mysqld-max corresponds to mysqld-max ok
I have innodb_* set in my.ini file innodb_dazta_file_path=ibevolif:1M
when trying to start the server i have this message :

1)when creating innodb when ibevolif still does not exist
creates everything and says got signal 11 aborting

2)second try mysqld --debug says
Innobase : assertion failure in thread 4294785375 in file
M:/mysql-3.23\innobase\os\os0file.c line 187
Innobase : we intentionnaly generat a memory trap
Innobase : send a bug report to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
got signal 11
aborting

thanks for help

pascal