Hi,

Sorry to send this mail to the mailing list but I browsed all the archives
concerning a secure connection without success.

I would like to encrypt the connections using DBI modules with mysql
drivers(Or perhaps it is already encrypted?)
Anyway, I did not manage to connect to mysql when the port was forwarding.
Perhaps, someone have come accross my problem and can help me here.

I am using the following versions:
OS: Red Hat 7.1
SSH : openssh-2.9p1
mysql : 3.23.39

I did the following:
ssh -l username mysqlserver -L 222:mysqlserver:3306 -N
(and the port forwarding is working since I tried it with Telnet before, and
netstat displays that the port 222 is listening)

But When I am trying the following, I get a refused connection (It is
working fine without the port, I have set up two users with the same
password on the both host servermachine and clientmachine)

mysql --port=222 --user=username -pPassword --host=127.0.0.1
ERROR 2003: Can't connect to MySQL server on '127.0.0.1' (111)

Whereas I got this in /etc/hosts
127.0.0.1  serverName localhost.localdomain localhost

I am also wondering if there is a bug here since I can connect to the local
database whereas it is not listening on the port 222 because I can connect
with this:
mysql -u username -p -h localhost --port=222

Thanks in advance,

Caroline Leclerc