Kif wrote:

> Hi
> ANy idea how i can get my auto_increment fields to renumber themselves after
>deletion of records so that they all get re-ordered and run consecutively from  1 to
>whatever without any numbers missing ?
> Please help if you know how to do this

I think we never will implement such stuff. auto_increment responsibility is to be
unique and it should never
appear back again when issued once. Idea is to identify record in database. If someone
have right to reorder
one table then relationships to other tables will be broken. auto_increment is totally
technical field and if you
do not like holes in it, programmer should use separate column for user-readable
values additionally to auto_increment.

--
For technical support contracts, goto https://order.mysql.com/