I think the solution would be to do the "join" at the application level
rather than in the database.  We frequently had to do this in msql
because it did joins so badly.  Basically you do the select in the first
table including the linking field and then do selects against the second
table (this is actually relatively fast using prepared queries if the
linking field(s) in the second database is an index.

On Mon, 9 Jul 2001, Rodney A. Ramos wrote:

> Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 21:38:44 -0300
> From: Rodney A. Ramos <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Fwd: Join syntax
>

> Is it possible to join two tables from different databases that are located
> on different hosts?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rodney

Sincerely,

William Mussatto, Senior Systems Engineer
CyberStrategies, Inc
ph. 909-920-9154 ext. 27