Hi Paul

Thanks for replying, however, something which I know should be easy is
eluding me right now.

The samp_db directory is created  as a subdirectory of the mysql1 directory.

This is what I tried to do following your instructions and this is the error
message I got, I guess I am missing something very, very obvious, so Im
ready to cringe when you point it out ;-)

(I'm running the mysql client from the windows command prompt at the moment.
C:\MYSQL1>mysql samp_db < create_president.sql

I don't have the mysql client open at the time I run that command, as you
said to cd into the directory where the scripts are.  If I do that this is
the error I receive:

C:\MYSQL1\SAMP_DB>mysql samp_db < create_president.sql
'MYSQL' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

This is getting very frustrating, the only solance I have is that someone
has posted on my isp newsgroup that they can't get this to work either!

Thanks in anticipation

Sara