----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul DuBois" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Sara" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, July 13, 2001 9:20 PM
Subject: Re: Using Scripts with MySQL - NEWBIE

> At 9:13 PM +0100 7/13/01, Sara wrote:
> >Hi Paul
> >
> >Thanks for replying, however, something which I know should be easy is
> >eluding me right now.
> >
> >The samp_db directory is created  as a subdirectory of the mysql1
directory.

> >This is what I tried to do following your instructions and this is the
error
> >message I got, I guess I am missing something very, very obvious, so Im
> >ready to cringe when you point it out ;-)
> >
> >(I'm running the mysql client from the windows command prompt at the
moment.
> >C:\MYSQL1>mysql samp_db < create_president.sql
> >The system cannot find the file specified.
> >

> >I don't have the mysql client open at the time I run that command, as you
> >said to cd into the directory where the scripts are.  If I do that this
is
> >the error I receive:
> >
> >C:\MYSQL1\SAMP_DB>mysql samp_db < create_president.sql
> >'MYSQL' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
> >operable program or batch file.
>
> Okay, first run DIR in this directory just to make sure that the
> create_president.sql file is there.  However, the error message indicates
> that DOS doesn't know where to find the mysql program.  The real fix
> for this is to add the directory where mysql is installed to your PATH
> variable setting.  In the meantime, you can invoke mysql using its
> full pathname.  If mysql is in C:\mysql\bin, then the command you type
> should look like this:
>
> C:\mysql\bin\mysql samp_db < create_president.sql
>
> If the directory is something else, adjust the command accordingly.
>

> >This is getting very frustrating, the only solance I have is that someone
> >has posted on my isp newsgroup that they can't get this to work either!
> >
> >Thanks in anticipation
> >
> >Sara
>

> --
> Paul DuBois, [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hi and thanks for the speedy response.

I did as you suggested and this was the systems reply:

C:\MYSQL1\BIN>mysql samp_db < create_president.sql

I can confirm that mysql.exe is in c:\mysql1
and all of your scripts are contained in c:\mysql1\samp_db\

Im sorry I grew up in the windows age so when you refer to changing the path
variable setting you are talking in a foreign language to me :(

Still in anticipation!!!

Regards

Sara