On Sun, Jul 15, 2001 at 10:24:17PM +0200, Warren van der Merwe wrote:
> Hi there
>
> I have a triangular replication setup, works like a dream

That's a good word for a 3-way replication setup, thanks.  I keep
describing it as a ring, but it really does look more like a triangle.

> In my haste I went and created a table in Site A's database, and
> then dialled into Site B and created the table. As yet I haven't
> done a slave start to start the replication process because I caught
> onto my vital mistake. i.e. The replication will now complain that
> Site B already contains a table called some_tablename. So, my
> question is, what do I do about this?  Is there a way of getting it
> to skip the create or can I delete one of them.... but if I delete
> it, Site C will complain that the table does not exist, Site A won't
> update because the table exists and the Add table was the first
> command, etc etc etc, turns into a vicious loop.

Uh oh.

> Is there a way I can recover from this?

I think this should work...

Drop the table on B.  It will be created when the slave reads the
CREATE TABLE off of A, its master.  Start the slave on B.

Start the slave on C.  It will create the table--probably twice.  The
second time it will fail and replication will fail on C.  Issue a

  SET SQL_SLAVE_SKIP_COUNTER = 1

command on C and restart replication.  That should skip over the
CREATE TABLE statement it got from A (by way of B) and all should be
happy.

If you try that, let me know if that does or doesn't work.  I think it
should work, but I'd really like to know if that's not the case.

Have fun,

Jeremy
--
Jeremy D. Zawodny, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Technical Yahoo - Yahoo Finance

MySQL 3.23.29: up 29 days, processed 225,292,179 queries (87/sec. avg)