On Wed, Jul 18, 2001 at 12:38:29PM -0600, Chris Cameron wrote:

I think people who use proprietary software systems are just
accustomed to being gouged by ridiculous software costs.

Not to mention that it also costs us more to accomodate them.

Basically, distorting the argument a little, you could be saying
"Our proprietary software customers make us more money because
their platforms require far more support, and we make them
pay dearly for it".

If that works for you, great. Personally, you couldn't pay me
enough to maintain proprietary systems. :)

I'm sorry to say that your experiences do not coincide with
mine. We've seen cheapskates of all flavors and colors.

Also, just what are your clients doing dictating the software
platform you should be using? You're the technical consultant,
you should be choosing the platform!

In my experience, customers don't ask for applications developed
on free software. They just ask for applications. The fact that
they're developed using free software matters not one bit to them.

-MB

--
Michael Bacarella <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Technical Staff / System Development,