From: Ken Menzel [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, July 17, 2001 3:25 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: FreeBSD issues

Hi Michael,
   As another FreeBSD user that has posted many times on FreeBSD
topics realted to MySQL it only took me a few minutes to find
resolutions,  the problem is that some of the thread topics are
related and the answers were posted in a different thread from the
ones that orginally started a question.  I think the search engine
could be improved!

Freebsd 4.2 does have a number of bugs related to threads and the
compiler for threaded programs .  (Search 'freebsd compiler threads)
first topic on second page) I would recommend an upgrade to 4.3 and an
upgrade to a more recent MySQL is also highly recommended (3.23.39 or
.40 when it comes outs).

Upgrade your ports collection and install from ports or find my
compilation instructions as the manual seems to be outdated in
relation to compiling freebsd.

Best of luck, hope this helps
Ken