Hi,

I have configured mysql using the parameter --with-charset=latin2, made
some databases and tables full of latin2 text. Now I have to add another
database, which will store text in latin1. As I red the articles related
to these problems, if I understand well, I have to do the followings:
- shut down running mysql
- do a configure --with-charset=latin2 --with-extra-charset=latin1
- do a make & make install
- keep all preexisting databases (including mysql itself)
- run myisamchk -r -q on every table
- start mysql
Is this correct? Is there any other way to avoid re-compileing the whole
mysql source distribution? If I want to feed my new database which uses
latin1, how should I connect to the database from perl to be able to use
latin1? What will happen with the old latin2 tables? Shall I use the
connection method in the future that I use currently?

Regards,

Peter