G'day,

I have a question about using InnoDB format of tables with MySQL.
We have a following problem:
our application collects data into MySQL database during some period of time
(say 1 hour) and then we need to analyze these data then move insert results
of analysis into other table within same db and then clean first table.
The problem is, what during analysis (it takes 30-40 secs) we have a lot of
pending queries (due to lock on target table) and then all these pending
queries start to execute the system load becomes to high.
Can it be faster if we will switch to using InnoDB tables instead of MyISAM
?
How stable is InnoDB implementation in MySQL ?
And more important, how fast is it ?

With best regards,
Stanislav Dmitrenko