Hi all,

I'm using MySQL 4.0.2 alpha-max with Inno DB and Borland Builder 6.0 to
connect to MySQL. I'm trying to use the new dbExpress component for Borland
to connect to MySQL using the libmysql.dll

I have been making some tests with transactions using the dbExpress
components and the normal ODBC but I can't get the ROLLBACK function to
work.
Here are some examples:

using dbExpress

TSQLConnection Q;
Q= new TSQLQuery(Application);
Q->SQLConnection=SQLConnection1;

/* I test with and without BEGIN
Q->SQL->Clear();
Q->SQL->Add("BEGIN");
Q->ExecSQL();
*/

Q->SQL->Clear();
Q->SQL->Add("SET AUTOCOMMIT=0");
Q->ExecSQL();

Q->SQL->Clear();
Q->SQL->Add("INSERT INTO regn_info VALUES('t1','test1')");
Q->ExecSQL();

Q->SQL->Clear();
Q->SQL->Add("INSERT INTO regn_info VALUES('t2','test2')");
Q->ExecSQL();

Q->SQL->Clear();
Q->SQL->Add("ROLLBACK");
Q->ExecSQL();

//----------------------------------------------------------
Using ODBC

TQuery *Q_ODBC;
Q_ODBC= new TQuery(Application);
Q_ODBC->DatabaseName="salsadb";

/*
Q->SQL->Clear();
Q->SQL->Add("BEGIN");
Q->ExecSQL();
*/

Q_ODBC->SQL->Clear();
Q_ODBC->SQL->Add("SET AUTOCOMMIT=0");
Q_ODBC->ExecSQL();

Q_ODBC->SQL->Clear();
Q_ODBC->SQL->Add("INSERT INTO regn_info VALUES('t1','test1')");

Q_ODBC->ExecSQL();

Q_ODBC->SQL->Clear();
Q_ODBC->SQL->Add("INSERT INTO regn_info VALUES('t2','test2')");
Q_ODBC->ExecSQL();

Q_ODBC->SQL->Clear();
Q_ODBC->SQL->Add("ROLLBACK");
Q_ODBC->ExecSQL();

In both cases the ROLLBACK dosen't work and I get the inserted values in the
table.

Any idea what can be happening?

Thanks a lot

Javier Diaz

This e-mail is intended for the named addressee only.  It may contain confidential
and/or privileged information.  If you have received this message in error, please let
us know and then delete this message from your system.  You should not copy the
message, use it for any purpose or disclose its contents to anyone.

http://www.star.net.uk