Hi folks.

I have a local Access database here which I have created tab seperated
text files of each of the tables from to import into the Mysql db we are
running on our ISP's server.

However I have one field in one of the tables that is a text file and
contains sometimes very long descriptions of a particular item,
depending on which record it is. Now every time I import my text file
(using phpmyadmin) when it gets to this particular field in certain
records where there are a couple of paragraphs of information it inserts
the first line of information. But then nothing else into this field.

I'm pretty sure the import is chocking on the carriage returns used in
the longer descriptions in some records. Does anyone know a way of
getting around this problem and getting it to import properly.

Basically the settings I use for importing are: Records seperated by
tab, nothing is used to identify text and // is used to escape
characters.

Any hints would be much appreciated, and I can send samples of the
import files if anyone needs to look at them to get a better idea.

--
Duncan Pilcher

Laboratory Systems Co-ordinator
Analytical Reference Laboratories