There are secure telnet packages. one for windows is SecureCRT. see
www.vandyke.com

for tips and pointers: basic telnet gives you a link to your server thru
your own pc. it is as if you were directly connected to your server.

At 01:24 PM 7/28/01 -0600, you wrote:
>On Saturday 28 July 2001 12:23 pm, B. van Ouwerkerk wrote:
>You should try to avoid using telnet to be honest, its not secure.  Start
>using ssh and do a google for ssh usage.
>
>PHPmyAdmin is a great program to use for working with a mySQL DB.
>http://www.phpwizard.net/projects/phpMyAdmin/
>
>But honestly stay away from Telnet.
>
>Kat
> > At 18:06 28-7-01 +0200, Marco Bleeker wrote:
> > >I need to Telnet into my domain in order to run some MySQL utility like
> > >mysqldump (for backup). I am not experienced with Telnet. Any pointers?
> > >Any way around it (use mysqldump from PHP?)
> >
> > Good reason to learn it :-)
> >
> > You could try phpadmin (or was is myphpadmin.. anyway.. it is called
> > something like that).

> > >|__(*)/ (*)_____________Ah, op DIE fiets !
> >
> > Ja.
> >
> > Bye,
> >

> > B.

>--
>James McLaughlin
>ProjectBank.net
>Online Utility Project Reporting and Resource Center
>http://www.projectbank.net/

tom marlin
tjmarlin@<nospam>surfree.com
My mind wanders a lot; sometimes it leaves completely.
                  - Duncan Hill