Here are some table definitions:

CREATE TABLE x10_device_types
(
  device_typename VARCHAR(20) NOT NULL,
  respondstoalloff enum('TRUE','FALSE') NOT NULL,
  respondstoalllightson enum('TRUE','FALSE') NOT NULL,
  respondstoalllightsoff enum('TRUE','FALSE') NOT NULL,
  respondstoallunitsoff enum('TRUE','FALSE') NOT NULL,
  dimmable enum('TRUE','FALSE') NOT NULL,
  device_category VARCHAR(20) NOT NULL
);

CREATE TABLE x10_devices
(
  device_name VARCHAR(25) NOT NULL,
  device_typename VARCHAR(20) NOT NULL,
  location_name VARCHAR(25) NOT NULL,
  x10_housecode CHAR(1) NOT NULL,
  x10_unitcode TINYINT unsigned NOT NULL,
  x10_dev_description VARCHAR(75),
  lastknownstate TINYINT unsigned
);

What I'm trying to do is to set the lastknownstate to 0 for all devices in
x10_housecode='A' where they respond to
respondstoallunitsoff and have a device_category='Module'.

I can't figure out how to do this because the update criteria spans 2 tables and
I don't have views.  I tried the following, but it doesn't like my listing of
2 tables after the update.  Any ideas?

mysql> update x10_devices,x10_devicetypes set lastknownstate=16 where
x10_devices.device_typename=x10_device_types.device_typename and
x10_device_types.respondstoalloff and x10_device_types.device_category='Module'
and x10_housecode='A';

Steve