with the sircam virus going around, i'm not into opening attachments.

my guess is that you are running into the cr/lf problem.

windows terminates lines with a cr/lf. unix uses only a lf. so when you
read the windows file, the cr terminates a record and then the lf
terminates the interspersed empty record.

hth

At 08:42 PM 7/30/01 -0500, you wrote:
>While parsing into a mysql database using php, I have successfully entered
>data into the database from an uploaded txt file.  My problem surrounds
>the fact that in between every data filled record in the database, is an
>empty record.  What causes this?
>

>my test code is attached.
>
>thanks,
>kit

tom marlin
tjmarlin@<nospam>surfree.com
My mind wanders a lot; sometimes it leaves completely.
                  - Duncan Hill