Hello

I am trying to install the lastest version of mysql on Linux (Suse, uname -r
= 2.2.14), without success.
I have downloaded both the 3.23.38 and 3.23.40 binary tar balls, they crash
the same way (I have tried on several machines with the same configuration,
and got the same result):
./scripts/mysql_install_db
Installing all prepared tables
./scripts/mysql_install_db: line 1:  2821 Segmentation fault
./bin/mysqld --bootstrap --skip-grant-tables --basedir=. --datadir=./data
--skip-innodb --skip-gemini --skip-bdb
Installation of grant tables failed!

A 3.22 version of mysql runs fine on these machines. Also, I tried to copy
the whole data directory from my 3.22 version to the new 3.23, and I have
been able to launch safe_mysqld, but it crashed a bit later with
segmentation fault.
I have noticed several people having the same kind of problem (for example:
http://lists.mysql.com/cgi-ez/ezmlm-cgi?1:mss:67632) but could not get any
solution.

I hope one of you will able to give me a clue...
Thanks a lot in advance!

Bernard