On 8/1/01 4:49 PM, "Silver Fox" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello, everyone,
>
> I'm Tony.  I'm new to this mailing list and I have a question.  I'm
> currently running MySQL and Apache webserver.  My partner needs to connect
> to my MySQL database using JDBC to input data.  But every time he tries to
> do that, it tells him "access denied for [EMAIL PROTECTED]" Does any of you
> know what may be causing this?  Are there any setting I have to configure or
> my partner has to configure?  I have already added an entry in mysql.user
> table for host '%' and user '' so everybody can connect to my database, but
> my partner still cannot connect.  Please help.
>
> Tony

Please Tony create your own thread when posting a new question. Netiquette
is one reason, but more important. Your post might be deleted by readers who
could heave helped you, but looking only at the subject line.

I created it for you and I hope there is a quick answer to your problem from
the experts on this list.

Hannes