Hi!

Sinisa> Mark Tully writes:
>> From: Mark Tully <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>> Subject: mySQLd won't die under Darwin (Mac OS X 10.0.4)

>> Downloaded source archive, compiled as of instructions.
>> The mySQLd server is started as root and it switches down to the
>> mysql user. It can be started using the "mysql.server start" command
>> or by "safe_mysqld --user=mysql &" and it appears to work fine.
>> However it just won't die!

<cut>

Sinisa> Looks like a thread - related problem to me.

Sinisa> Simply signals are not wroking ...

Mac OS X has a bug that it the thread library doesn't send signals
properly to other threads.

We are talking with Apple to get hold of an Mac OS X box of our own to
be able to solve this properly.

Regards,
Monty