From: Stefan Hinz [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, August 08, 2001 9:13 AM
To: Naintara Jain; Stefan Hinz; mysql
Subject: Re: editor

Dear Naintara,

>I don't really need a query-creator. If i use notepad, copy and paste
>doesn't seem to work -- MSDOS hangs. Do i need to make them into script
>files and then run?

I assume you run MySQL under Windows 9x. Here, the MySQL Monitor does
not supply a history list by default.

Simply start c:\mysql\bin\mysqlc.exe instead - and the history list is
there! :)
(Note: You will have to copy cygwinb19.dll to your windows/system
directory before using mysqlc.)

You can even type your statement with any editor (notepad etc.) and then
start MySQL in batch mode. This is how you do it:

1. Type the statements, each ended by a semicolon, something like this:
    USE test;
    CREATE TABLE test_table (testcol INT NOT NULL);
    INSERT INTO test_table VALUES (1), (2), (3);
    etc.
2. Save the file. For the next step, I assume you save it to
c:\mysql\bin
3. Start mysql.exe (not mysqlc.exe!) from the DOS command line, in batch
mode, like this:
    mysql < the_file_i_typed_in_notepad.txt

Regards,

--
  Stefan Hinz
  Geschäftsführer / CEO iConnect e-commerce solutions GmbH