Have a look at urSQL -- http://www.urbanresearch.com/ursql/urquery.php

urSQL is a query editor (much like a text editor with database/query
support and SQL syntax highlighting).  It has the capability to connect
directly to your server and submit the query.  The History feature keeps
track of each query that is submitted to the database.  You also have the
option of saving, opening, and editing existing queries.