> How about a UNION query...?

Hmm.. that construct is a little ugly for me - I think I'd rather just
issue two quick queries in each table.  Thanks for the tip though.. I
missed that one.

> I've got two tables, "Current" and "Temporary", Current has a row with
> login='keric', Temporary doesn't.
>
> The following query:
>
> mysql> select * from Current, Temporary where Current.login='username'
> or Temporary.login='username'
>     -> \g
> Empty set (0.01 sec)
>
> obviously doesn't work.  I want to know if that row exists in either
> table in one SQL call.  Maybe it's just me today..

  Eric Anderson  Online Net-Entertainment, Inc  CyberIron Bodybuilding
   ICQ 3849549       <http://www.on-e.com>    <http://www.cyberiron.com>
 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>        San Diego, CA            <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
      "..and then my doctor said my nose wouldn't bleed so much
       if I just kept my finger outta there!" -- Ralph Wiggum

 "You've got the brain and talent to do anything you want, and when you
   do, I'll be right there to borrow money from you!" -- Bart Simpson