> >> How about a UNION query...?
>
> >Too bad MySQL doesn't support them yet ;)
>
> Oops...sorry...I see it is on the TODO list.
>
> Would a MERGE table not achieve the same result as a UNION query?  It
> appears that a MERGE table acts like a VIEW.
>
> Eric if your Current and Temporary tables have identical structure, you may
> consider a MERGE table as an option.

Unfortunately, they are not similar.

I appreciate everyone's assistance - I just created two quick SQL
SELECTS testing whether or not the value was in either table and I'm
over it.  As always, I was looking to minimize SQL calls but in this
case it's not a big deal - it's not a high-volume transaction.

Thanks everyone for all your help and suggestions.

  Eric Anderson  Online Net-Entertainment, Inc  CyberIron Bodybuilding
   ICQ 3849549       <http://www.on-e.com>    <http://www.cyberiron.com>
 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>        San Diego, CA            <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
      "..and then my doctor said my nose wouldn't bleed so much
       if I just kept my finger outta there!" -- Ralph Wiggum

 "You've got the brain and talent to do anything you want, and when you
   do, I'll be right there to borrow money from you!" -- Bart Simpson