> Connect() does that for you.
> The mysql library handles the communication to the server.
> You just use the supplied functions.
> Are you sure it was sockets you were running out of?

Well the supplied functions have been used.  How could I confirm that the system was
in fact running
out of sockets or file descriptors.  Do you know of any Linux kernel specific issues
that hinder the
use of a lot of local UNIX sockets.  Any references/studies of the Linux kernel's
problems with this
sort of thing.  Would it be better to just switch to TCP/IP sockets?

Thank you,

Hans Zaunere
[EMAIL PROTECTED]