Ok here's the current method I'm using to find non-distinct records in a
table:

1) SELECT DISTINCT column1 FROM table WHERE column2='something'

2) I get an array and mash it together [PHP: $biglist =
"'".implode("','",$column)."'";]

3) SELECT column1 FROM table WHERE column1 NOT IN($biglist);

now the question I have is this... is it possible to somehow blow away steps
2/3 and start off by selecting NOT DISTINCT? I read from
http://www.mysql.com/doc/D/I/DISTINCT_optimization.html that MySQL uses a
GROUP to find distinct records, so I'm guessing this is something that would
be very difficult to do normally.

Thanks in advance,
Stephen VanDyke