It seems certainly possible to automate 2 mysql servers
in circular replication, each being master/slave to the
other, provided your code is written in such a way to
circumvent the auto_increment issue. Generating unique ids
on a machine basis and using those values instead of an
autoincrement would do it.

If this notion seems flawed, I sure wish someone would clue me in,
because Im sorta banking on it. :)

 Mike Robinson
 Toronto Star TV

[snippage]