On Sun, 19 Aug 2001, Sinisa Milivojevic wrote:

> If this is happening on Windows, we truly can not do anything about
> it.
>
> You could help there by forcing all table names to be lower-case by
> starting mysql service with a corresponding option.

No, it's happening on Linux. Here's a transcript of what happens. I create
a table called "test" with a column called "HELLO". Then when I execute
"modify column hello", the case of the column becomes "hello". This will
cause perl scripts that use $sth->fetchrow_hashref to fail.

pmak@trapezoid [/home/animel/www/include]# mysql

Your MySQL connection id is 813 to server version: 3.23.36

Type 'help;' or '\h' for help. Type '\c' to clear the buffer

mysql> create table test (HELLO int);
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.07 sec)

mysql> alter table test modify column hello int;
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)
Records: 0  Duplicates: 0  Warnings: 0

mysql> describe test;
| Field | Type    | Null | Key | Default | Extra |
| hello | int(11) | YES  |     | NULL    |       |