I have an upcoming project which will require me doing a recursive
function in PHP, doing a tree calculating optimum route between defined
points in the database.  The function is going to have to do a SELECT on
the MySQL database on each iteration.  It could concievably do thousands
of iterations on about a hundred points in the database.

Anyone think MySQL can handle the load, or do I have to try a workaround
and put the whole database in an array first?  No two SELECTs should be
the same, so I'd have to play with that array a lot if I did that.

Frank.