On Mon, Aug 20, 2001 at 11:08:47AM +0200, Ernst Kloppenburg wrote:
>       with DECIMAL the number of digits before and after the decimal
> point is fixed. Thus it should be described in the documentation as a
> fixed point number
> >How-To-Repeat:
the manual is correct. the number is stored internaly as a floating point number with
all of its benifets and drawbacks. formating information is only used when the number
is retrieved. if a number is stored in atable with more significant digets than the
coulum will alow, and the table is later restructured to show aditional precision, the
number will show mour preciosion. try it.

-----
DISCLAIMER: Anyone sending me unsolicited commercial electronic mail
automatically agrees to be held to the following legal terms:

US Code Title 47, Sec.227(a)(2)(B), a computer/modem/printer meets the
definition of a telephone fax machine. By Sec.227(b)(1)(C), it is
unlawful to send any unsolicited advertisement to such equipment. By
Sec.227(b)(3)(C), a violation of the aforementioned Section is punishable
by action to recover actual monetary loss, or $500, whichever is greater,
for each violation.