Jerry van Leeuwen writes:

> Are there any known stability issues with installing MySQL under Windows
> 9x? By this I mean actual issues with the MySQL server itself, because I
> realise Windows 9x itself is not the most stable option available.
>
> Is there any reason to believe that this combination results in more
> regular table corruption than other combinations?
>
> And if Windows 9x is a particularly bad option in this context, what
> benefit can be expected from migrating the MySQL installation to a Windows
> NT / 2000 machine?
>

>    Jerry van Leeuwen
>    Business Analyst - Trans Data
>    Tel: 02 - 9630 3533
>    Mobile: 0407 - 480 811

MySQL works just fine on Windows.

NT and W2K have that advantage that you can start MySQL as  a service
and that you can use named pipes in client server protocol, which are
much faster then TCP ports. But on those two systems you have to take
care of users / groups.

MySQL is some 10 % faster on Win98 then on NT/W2K.

There is also a separate list for MySQL on Windows : [EMAIL PROTECTED]

--
Regards,