Hi all,

I'm running MySQL Ver 3.23.32 for -freebsd4.2 on i386, With PHP4
compiled statically into Apache 1.3.17.  All connections to the database
are non-persistent connections.  It's a pretty busy server, hitting
about 60 queries per second during peak time. (Although I'm not sure
that would qualify as busy on this list. :)

I was wondering about a couple of the variables reported in 'mysqladmin
extended-status', specifically 'aborted clients' and 'aborted
connections' and what the difference between the two are.

We get a lot of these, but I'm guessing this is just an artifact of
users hitting the 'stop' button before a page finishes loading, or maybe
not.

The other question I have is after a period of time, maybe about a
month, connections to the database will return an error 'Too many errors
connecting to database, use mysqladmin flush-hosts ...' or something to
that effect. (It's been awhile since it's happened.)  Flushing the hosts
solves the problem but I was wanting to do garbage collection on these
connections to prevent this, and I was wondering what the best method
would be.

TIA,
Tony Wells