Date |Tue, 21 Aug 2001 10:01:30 -0500
>From |Tony Wells <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hello!

TW> Hi all,

TW> I'm running MySQL Ver 3.23.32 for -freebsd4.2 on i386, With PHP4
TW> compiled statically into Apache 1.3.17.  All connections to the database
TW> are non-persistent connections.  It's a pretty busy server, hitting
TW> about 60 queries per second during peak time. (Although I'm not sure
TW> that would qualify as busy on this list. :)

TW> I was wondering about a couple of the variables reported in 'mysqladmin
TW> extended-status', specifically 'aborted clients' and 'aborted
TW> connections' and what the difference between the two are.

TW> We get a lot of these, but I'm guessing this is just an artifact of
TW> users hitting the 'stop' button before a page finishes loading, or maybe
TW> not.

TW> The other question I have is after a period of time, maybe about a
TW> month, connections to the database will return an error 'Too many errors
TW> connecting to database, use mysqladmin flush-hosts ...' or something to
TW> that effect. (It's been awhile since it's happened.)  Flushing the hosts
TW> solves the problem but I was wanting to do garbage collection on these
TW> connections to prevent this, and I was wondering what the best method
TW> would be.

In short words you need to close all opened connections in your script.
For example if you use in script
$link = mysql_connect (...);
you must close connection by
mysql_close($link);
in other case you have 'abborted connections'

  /  |/  /_ __/ __/ __ \/ /    Grigory Bakunov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 / /|_/ / // /\ \/ /_/ / /__   MySQL AB / SWSoft
       <___/   www.mysql.com