Ulv Michel schrieb am Mittwoch, 22. August 2001, 11:53:01:

> Hi all,

> I am running a webhosting server using SuSE 7.2 /mysql 3.23 /php 4. We are
> hosting a small amount of virtual servers, allowing our customers to user
> php and mysql. My problem is that every user sees every other users
> databases. Is there a way to setup mysql so that every local user has his
> own empty database? Please tell me how this has to be set up.

I don't think this can be done. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

ISPs don't have trouble with it as this info doesn't lead
somewhere. Users cannot access databases of other users unless
set up this way, they only have names.

The names usually correspond to the subdirs of those users, and
every user can see these as well using telnet or ftp. So what's
the point?

--
Herzlich

Werner

MySQL in Deutschland: Anpassung, Unterstützung, Schulung für Sie
  /  |/  /_ __/ __/ __ \/ /    Dr. Werner Stürenburg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 / /|_/ / // /\ \/ /_/ / /__   MySQL AB, Consultant
/_/  /_/\_, /___/\___\_\___/   Bielefeld, Germany
       <___/   www.mysql.com   +49-5224-997-407  Fax -409